Sunday, January 22, 2006

Nature Calls

Hey Dad and Ethan, it sure looked like that hike was a good one. I'm impressed that you were both so motivated to leave at 5 am too! Dad I think it's great that you accompanied Ethan because I know you love being in nature as much as Ethan does. I wish I could've gone hiking with you guys. There is something so great about being outdoors and exploring new territory. It really relaxes you while also motivating you in so many areas of your life. I find that it really gets my creativity going and increases my appreciation for life. I sure loved the mountains in Utah. I loved the excitement of hiking new trails and discovering the beauties and mysteries of nature. I sure miss Utah for that reason. Ethan, Toby and I are quite impressed with your hiking blog. You are really becoming a serious hard-core hiker. We loved all the pictures of your gear. You should compile all your adventures and blog notes into a book one day and get it published. You could sign it Ethan Emerson, standing for your middle name and your increasing likeliness of Ralph Waldo Emerson. Y-es. Well, to all the rest of you if you even read the blog... (It seems that dad, ethan, and I are the only contributors!!!!!) I have decided to participate in another race this April. I'm just doing a 1/2 this time, but I am excited because I've never done just a 1/2 and I'm curious to see the difference. Plus, it's not so bad to get another medal and free t-shirt! It's April 8th in Ocean City, Maryland. I'm running it with two other women..one in our ward and one that used to be in our ward. Both are wives of law students. That's what we wives of law students do around here...we run to keep ourselves sane from our husbands being gone and busy so much. he he. Anyways, I'm excited although I don't know how we are going to train in the winter weather. There's always the treadmill, but that just won't do the trick for long runs. Ethan, would you ever run a 1/2 with me? Or maybe I could get April to do one. I think it would be so fun. Keep blogging!!!!

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Ethan said...

Leah- our school starts at 7:55 a.m. Too early.

Actually, I probably would do a half marathon. I really hate running, mainly because I have never done it enough to get to the point where it is not painful or tiring. I am fine the first 10 minutes, then I start to get tired, and then for the next 20 - 30 minutes it is torture. I hate it every time while I am doing it, although I feel good about myself when I am done. I will go running with you if you go hiking with me whenever you are down here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home